If you are interested in selling our products, please review the Application Checklist for forms that you need to complete. Also, please contact our New Accounts Representatives
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 1-800-535-5551).
If you have more questions about Horizon Hobby, Inc., feel free to call or write us at:
4105 Fieldstone Rd.
Champaign, IL 61822
Phone: (217) 352-1913
Toll Free: (800) 338-4639
Fax: (217) 352-6799
Please take time to review your application materials. We've provided this checklist to help you make sure everything is complete.
- Under "Store Information": If you are a Limited Liability Company (LLC), Limited Liability Partnership or Corporation don't forget to include your organization's complete legal name next to "Name of Corporation or Partnership."
- Under "Ownership Information": Please ensure ALL owners and officers (if incorporated) are listed.
- Under "Credit References": Please list your top three suppliers.
- Under the Agreement Section: All parties listed under "Ownership Information" need to sign in the spaces provided. LLC, LLP and incorporated applicants must also fill out and sign the "General and Continuing Personal Guarantee."
Please be sure to provide a photo of your storefront, as well as a wide shot of your store with the surrounding business area, any inventory you may currently have, including the layout of your store. A shop-owned flying field or racetrack (if applicable), posted store hours and any roadside signs.
Incomplete information may delay the processing of your application.
We support you with a wide variety of services tailored to the needs of today's hobby retailing environment.
Since we created it in 1986, Fast Serve on-line ordering and information software has existed for a single purpose: to make it easy for you to connect with us. With the latest version of Fast Serve, weve made this connection faster, easier and more versatile than ever. Since every hobby shops needs are different, we offer Fast Serve in both a completely Web-based version or as Windows software you load onto your PC. Fast Serve allows you to confirm the stock status of all items requested. Whichever version you choose, youll have a 24/7 connection to Horizon Hobby that will give you unequalled flexibility in meeting the ever-changing needs of your customers.
Horizon Hobby has teamed up with Digital Retail solutions to offer a new state of the art point of sale system for hobby retailers. Based on the popular Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System and with exclusive add-ons developed by DRS, this system will give you all the capabilities you have been looking for. If you have been considering a POS system for your store or an upgrade from an existing system, we encourage you to call or e-mail. Everything from software only to complete hardware bundles are now available and at special pricing for Horizon dealers. DRS also offers special service and setup options that will help you get started quickly and keep your system working for you.
For over 20 years, the Retail Management Systems (RMS) name has been recognized as the standard in POS/Inventory Control software for the hobby industry. As a part of our Fast Serve line of Hobby Retailer Software, RMS offers you a POS/Inventory Control solution specifically tailored to the needs of the hobby retailer, as well as the service and support of one of the nation's leading hobby distributors.
Our Fast Forward program keeps you on top of the very latest releases in RC. Depending on what categories you sign up for, new products will be shipped to you first, automatically, and at a discounted price, as soon as they are available. This way you can be among the first to offer these hot new products to your customers.
A great way to expand your shop's selection to include a new category or line of products, all in one shot. Our knowledgeable staff will help you select the high turn items you need to be successful.
Our Sales Reps can instantly confirm the stock status of all items requested. Call by 2 PM (CST) and your order ships out that day. Two warehouse locations enable us to reach most of the U.S. in 1-3 days using economical ground transportation.
Same day shipping of up to six items, until 3:00 p.m., from your home Horizon branch.
Horizon Hobby's bi-monthly wholesale sales publication that catalogs all the current hot deals on the best products in the business, with special attention given to the newest products, so you can keep your inventory stocked with the things consumers will be clamoring for.
In addition to great deals in New Horizons, we keep you up to date on the most exciting new releases in RC, trains, plastics and general hobbies with New & Hot.
The most convenient way to receive weekly news on late-breaking product announcements and special sales is through your e-mail. Horizon Focus provides dealers with the best updates on hot new products and special sales throughout the year, along with announcements about upcoming deals and news on approaching trade shows and events. You also have the option to sign up for additional e-mail updates relating to more specific areas of RC.
Signs, point-of-purchase, in-store videos and much more are available for our key proprietary products.
Horizon Hobby's Co-op advertising plan is simple. Place any local or regional advertising that highlights or promotes select Horizon proprietary products, and we'll reimburse you up to 50% of your total ad cost, based on your accrued dollars. You automatically accrue co-op dollars any time you purchase Horizon Hobby proprietary products. There is no paperwork to sign or special action to take. It's that easy.
Phone technicians are available to answer questions on all of the products we sell. The Horizon Service Center handles all of the warranty and repair work for Horizon Hobby exclusive products and has the best turnaround time in the industry. Knowledgeable Sales and Customer Service representatives have the sole purpose of helping you provide the best possible products and services to your customers.
www.horizonhobby.com is an invaluable resource for facts, reviews, manuals and technical data on Horizon Hobby proprietary products. Consumers can use The Horizon Store Finder on the site to locate your shop.
An OEM account manufactures products rather than assembling components for resale.
An OEM account is a manufacturer who purchases product components to be fabricated or assembled to form a separate finished product. OEM accounts may NOT purchase products from HHI that by themselves are for resale. In short, an OEM account is not a hobby retailer and therefore may not circumvent hobby retailers by selling products other than those that it manufactures. It is generally understood that an OEM account manufactures (alters, customizes, etc.) products rather than just assembles components for resale.
1. Must fill out special OEM Manufacturer Application that includes a non-sell agreement. Account must understand that we reserve the right to discontinue selling if agreement is not adhered to, or if we have complaints.
2. Must sign a letter of intent disclosing detailed information about the manufactured product. Must provide pictures and upon request, samples of the finished products for approval.
3. Must submit interior/exterior pictures of facility.
4. Only goods used directly by an OEM account may be purchased. Exceptions may be made at the sales manager's discretion.
5. Manufacturer must submit web site, ads, catalogs or brochures advertising the finished products for our files.
6. A manufacturer operating on residential property must be approved by HHI. Considerations will include facility, signage, advertising, marketing, proximity to area retailers and overall business approach.
7. Minimum order amount $500.
8. OEM accounts will not receive our monthly newsletters.
9. An OEM account will be set up by credit on a COD or CIA basis only.
10. No freight allowance.
Special conditions and regulations apply if you are located outside the continental United States and Canada. If you would like information on setting up an international account, please contact our International Sales Representatives (email: email@example.com; phone: +1 217-352-1913; fax: +1 217-403-3672).